Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Abbey Road

Everybody knows about Abbey Road. But did you know that there was a musical/technological breakthrough at Abbey Road a couple weeks ago, and that Keane was the subject? Okay, I'm sorry I keep bringing Keane into so many of my blog posts, but Hey! I like them. And I promise they aren't the only band I listen to.
Anyway, back to this breakthrough thing. So Keane was the first band to make a live world-wide webcast in 3D. They chose Abbey Road for their "historic" event because it's already historic. Or something. Personally I think it's kind of a weird thing to be the first person to do, like holding the record for most marshmallows eaten in a minute or something like that. But in any case, it was kind of cool, although it probably would've been cooler if I'd actually had some 3D glasses.
They made a short (about 4 minutes...and not in 3D) documentary of the event, which you can watch right here!

KEANE - 3D Documentary from keaneofficial on Vimeo.
And while you're at it, if you're in the mood, listen to this great song (ignore the video, it's just a silly slideshow). It's sort of an ironic look at war.
"The Happy Soldier"

No comments: