Monday, April 9, 2012

Sail Away

Here's something random for you:
I like listening to Enya sometimes. It reminds me of my childhood. Today "Orinoco Flow" came up on my iPod and suddenly I had visions of my little brother Ian doing his interpretive dance to the song, tiny tie flying askew as he fell to his knees dressed in church clothes (why?), holding a book (or was it to "Book of Days"?? Help, sisters!) aloft with "sail away, sail away, sail away..." echoing in the background and the synthesized strings plucking away.
Have a listen:

3 comments:

Adrien said...

It was "Book of Days"! I think I danced. Ian was a director of some sort. I just remember during the slower part of that song he would go in the kitchen and mess up his hair and tie and clothes so that he would be all disheveled for some reason during the second part...

Shannon said...

yeah, the disheveled-ness must be his tiny tie flying askew.
this is such a random memory. even if I got it wrong.

LP said...

I wish I'd had a secret video camera set up in the living room.