There are a lot of reasons I've discovered ballet is not for me:
- I don't know if it's my low blood pressure defect or some unknown cause (or that I'm just a klutz), but I have a very difficult time keeping my balance. I get dizzy at the slightest movement in the wrong direction.
- I can't turn, especially quickly, to save my life. Probably for the same reasons as above.
- My back always hurts. Maybe it wouldn't if certain cracking practices were not currently being...practiced...
- I believe my arms are too long. There's actually a way to make up for this (by crossing your arms over each other instead of doing the "O" thing everyone is so familiar with), but I can't do that because...
- My memory is shot. Or very small at least. I had to look in my book to know what everything was, even though it's been drilled into me over the past 5 months. Pathetique.
I guess until I solve those five problems I'll never be a really good dancer. Actually four since the arms thing isn't really a problem in other dance styles. So four things. I'm not giving up though. I'm going to attempt ballroom at some point, and I am considering taking Beginning Flamenco this coming Fall semester so I can be like Zorro.
Until next time, buddies.