Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Bet-Rum

One of my goals for the year was to get every room in the house (including hallways) looking how I wanted it. So far the bedroom is the only room I've actually completed. It was actually done a while ago, but then all the pictures fell off the walls and some of the frames broke before I could take pictures, so it took a while to get everything up and running again in order to be presentable. Anyway, I finally finished this morning before class, and I'm so glad it looks so cozy (to me) again!




What I loved about doing this room is that I was able to make everything all nautical, which is my favorite thing in the world. And it was more Sam-acceptable than how I had my bedroom before I was married (sort of flowery Bohemian...how did that happen?). All the artwork in the bedroom was either painted by me or photographed by me (except for a Turkish sunset by Sam and some cut-outs from old Naval books or somesuch). I made the shell garland over the bed/window with old shells I've been collecting since before I can remember, and it actually wasn't too difficult once I figured out what would work. And I've already talked about the dresser.

PS I think my cat is a brachiator. He can do this, and he does (seriously):

3 comments:

Jared and Megan said...

It's so purrrty! I seriously wish I had a cat to make my house more cozy. My only consolation is that at least I don't have to deal with cat hair. =P

I love that gif. IloveitIloveitIloveit.

Myka said...

it's really impressive that you both are the progenitor of all the art.

LP said...

I like it!