Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mad Greek

If any of you have ever made the trip from one end of the 15 (as in I-15) to the other, you know about the Mad Greek Cafe in Baker. With all the advertisement on billboards a hundred miles in either direction, I've always wondered whether or not the place was all it was cracked up to be.
Though the food is absolutely supreme, it is incredibly overpriced. I paid upwards of $15 for a gyro with rice on the side and a chocolate shake. Yikes! And they didn't have very many vegetarian options for full meals, just appetizers. I was pretty sad since my favorite bit of Greek food is falafel in a pita. But other than those things, the atmosphere and the food were fantastic. Statuary (Greek and otherwise) was crammed into every nook and cranny and the walls were plastered with travel posters, photos of Greek towns, paintings, and even a list of the Greek Alphabet and pronunciations.
My gyro was so very good. The rice was fat and soft. My chocolate shake was almost too chocolatey. I sampled Megan's strawberry shake and it was so very fruity and tasty-sweet.
So if you ever find yourself in the middle of nowhere on the 15 with too much change floating around in your pocket or car, stop at Mad Greek for playful atmosphere and good food.

3 comments:

LP said...

this has become a very yummy blog!

ian said...

so there's something good about baker?

Shannon said...

hey, the world's tallest thermometer is pretty cool.