I've been doing a lot of cooking lately. I haven't been doing much dish-doing though.
They're getting a bit out of balance.
I thought I'd put the recipes up for people that might be interested.
First I made pitas, hummus, and falafel. I'll let Adrien tell you the recipes for those since it's her god-spiel. But the pitas puffed in our oven! It was an incredible feeling.
Then I made zucchini bread. This is a childhood fav (at least for me), so siblings may want this one:
3 eggs well beaten (fluffy)
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup veg. oil
2 cup sugar
3 cup flour
3 t cinnamon
2 t vanilla
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1/4 t baking powder
1. Grease loaf pans
2. Add zucchini, eggs, oil & vanilla to mixing bowl.
3. Add sugar and mix well.
4. Add remaining ing. (flour, salt, etc) and mix well.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour
Then I made quiche lorraine. Very tasty. Try it.
1 1/2 c flour
1/4 t salt
10 T butter, cut into chunx
1. In a bowl, combine flour and salt. Add butter and mix to coat w/ fingers or pastry blender, rubbing or cutting butter into flour until you have fine particles (I find fingers are better).
2. Add egg and stir with fork (or fingers) until dough holds together (it will be very crumbly, so don't expect too much)
3. Shape dough into ball and roll out onto (very!) WELL floured board. Roll to fit a 10-inch pie pan, and put it in there. Make dough flush with top rim, folding excess dough against pan sides (inside, not out obviously) and press firmly in place.
10 slices cooked, chopped bacon (I use fakin and it's a little chewy, but pork meat generally makes me ill, so that's just my preference)
1 1/4 cups diced Swiss or Gruyere cheese (Swiss is softer and therefore easier to cut)
1 1/4 cups whipping or light cream
1/2 cup milk
1. Scatter bacon in pastry shell; sprinkle with cheese.
2. Beat eggs to blend with cream and milk. Pour into pastry. Grate some nutmeg on the top.
3. Place on lowest rack in 350* heat oven (*=degrees) until lightly browned on top (55 minutes). Let stand 10 minutes. Serve cold or hot.
I also made biscuits from the Bisquik box and Digiorno pizza. And chocolate milk.
I'm thinking of making big pretzels next...if I can get around to doing the dishes.