Saturday, September 20, 2008

Cakewrecks

I've discovered a little gem of a site...
www.cakewrecks.blogspot.com
You just have to see the site. Here are some examples...
This one just makes me laugh because our "Dad" likes to put quotation marks on random things. And because apparently these people aren't sure exactly if he is their dad...and 20th what???
Sometimes the weird errors come from the decorator not understanding the request, or just making a mistake, like these unfortunate cakes...(this is supposed to be Curious George, it looks more like something from Planet of the Apes if you ask me)
I think the order for this one was given over the phone, which would explain why instead of three dots, there is...
And (my personal favorite)...
This cake was advertised to be used as a dieting tool. It has jelly filling.
Obviously this wasn't made by a professional (I hope not!) but it was entitled "Macho Man Cake" by the person who made it. I think their platter was a little too thin if that's the case.
And this one was found in the refrigerated section being sold as-is (it wasn't ordered), so what was going on here is known only to the decorator...
Go to the site. The person writing that blog delivers these oddities much better than I do. AND-- hours of laffs.

1 comment:

Janeite42 said...

The first one is for this guy who drives his kids and all their friends to school. So, the friends decided to make a cake in commemoration of the 20th time he did it.

The other cakes are mostly just creepy.