Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Only Six Words


I saw something interesting this morning on one of the design blogs I follow.  It was a post that mentioned an "intense" writing workshop led by a man named Wade Rouse in Chicago.  This guy gives all kinds of advice for being able to write what you really want to, namely "Write as if your parents are dead."  Personally, I don't think that's entirely applicable to me.  If my parents were dead, no one would read what I wrote (haha!).

Anyway, one of his exercises I found very intriguing.  Using only six words, describe your life.  A six-word autobiography...hm...

Naturally, I began obsessing over what I would say if I had to describe my life in six words.  And I naturally couldn't think of anything, because I was torn simultaneously between wanting to tell a totally serious part of a secret life, and wanting to be totally witty and impress everyone that reads this blog (hi Mom!), and actually being honest.  Plus I change every day, well, every hour really.  I'm so...changeable.

I came up with lots of nahhhs:

I heart animacules so very moshe.

Why am I always so tired?

I'm afraid to take chances.

Etc etc etc etc etc etc

But finally, I think that this will have to do:

Trying to be a better me.

Sappy, maybe.  But honest.

So, friends, what are your six words?  I'm very interested to know.  Tell-all in the comments, GO!

3 comments:

Elias said...

That's a tough one... I've sat here counting words on my fingers for the past 10 minutes.

I am a new me daily. D: idk

Also, http://www.oprah.com/omagazine/Six-Word-Memoirs-O-Magazine-Mini-Memoirs

Some of those are pretty witty. :)

LP said...

Please don't ask about my life.

Anonymous said...

Heh I like the tired one!

And mom's.

-Megan