Tuesday, June 22, 2010

NYC Mosque

Something I heard about a few days ago has really been bothering me. Apparently, they're building a mosque about two blocks away from Ground Zero in New York City (google it). And people are protesting it. Wow. Okay, it's time for a list:

1. It's two blocks away, not on the actual spot. Calm down.

2. Just because you're Muslim, doesn't mean you're a terrorist. Really.

3. Akin to that, mosques are places of worship, NOT terrorist training centers.

I can't really say more than that, except that I'm ashamed that so many Americans are enraged over this situation. Way to be intolerant, fellow citizens, you're sure not helping people's opinions of us.

3 comments:

Adrien said...

People are dumb and have weird ideas. Boo.

Adrien said...

Reading further, I do find it a little strange that apparently the imam who wants it built also wants to have it finished for a public unveiling on September 11, 2011. Hmm.

Shannon said...

granted, that is a little strange, but there's no other reason for people to be concerned. maybe the guy just wants to do it on that day to promote some kind of peace. I doubt that he has malicious intent.