1. Each person awarded must post 11 facts about themselves.
2. Answer the 11 questions the nominator has set for them.
3. Choose five bloggers to nominate.
4. Create 11 more questions for the bloggers they will nominate.
5. Let the lucky bloggers know.
Hokay. We begin. Eleven facts aboot moi:
1. Until I was...some age...I believed that I had a twin that died at birth. My sister Megan told me she saw her ghost sitting on the stairs at our house wearing one of my dresses. Then I saw her too because Megan had me so convinced. This is not creepy, I promise you, it's funny.
2. I have a scar on my scalp from when a cat jumped on my head. There was another time when a squirrel jumped on my head. Also a lot of basketballs and volleyballs have hit my head. My head is attractive.
3. Sam has seen me injured, broken, bleeding, sick, hospitalized, on drugs, you name it. The worst I've seen him through is like a bad cold. I kind of hope it stays that way.
4. I have a very specific dream for a lot of things. Like the number of sheep I want or the names of future dogs. Ever wonder why Brozhy is named Brozhy? Because it's a random name I heard in school during a documentary on WWI many years ago. And somehow it turned into a fantastic name for a cat.
5. There is a 3D, real-time calendar in my mind. It's been running for as long as I can remember. It's really hard to describe. The weekends are fat and angular. 2010 is in the color black. 2007 is blue. 1998 is green. Weekdays are a gradient gray. This calendar can spin and go fast forward and reverse. It is so real it's almost palpable. It is COOL.
6. If I could have any two powers they would be 1) To be an Animorph. Like be able to turn into any animal I "acquire," only with no time restrictions. 2) Be able to time travel, mostly to observe with minimal interaction so you don't mess up the space-time continuum. You know, like when you come across a 100-foot deep pit in the middle of nowhere in you're like "What in tarnation..." You can just go back in time and see what it was used for!
7. I'm thinking that my dream career is to write, and be a photographer, and travel. So...write about travel while I'm travelling to take peoples pictures? Notice how this is all lazy freelance work...
8. Sam and I have almost completely different political views. He's up there somewhere on the right. And apparently I'm more Ghandi than Ghandi.
9. I did not understand the term "Fall" until maybe three years ago. Prior to that, it meant hotter than Hades and burning death throughout the land, along with the subsequent choking smoke. And then Halloween. I like this quaint and pretty version much better.
10. Maybe I'll now tell you all the career paths I seriously pursued for any length of time: veterinarian, marine biologist, cinematographer, pastry chef, archaeologist, and now...whatever. See #7. I'm working on it. Anyone want to buy me a DSLR, please?
11. I am unbelievably awkward and klutzy. And I think everything is funny. This makes me appear as a bumbling goofball. That's why I primarily try to keep quiet and/or subdued around people until I know they aren't going to lynch me or be offended by my stupid jokes. If I act that way around you, FEEL PRIVILEGED.
AND NOW, for my next trick! I answer eleven questions posed by Caity:
1. Who is the one celebrity, where if your significant other confessed their undying love for her (or him?), you'd be like "....oh yeah I totally get that."?
Meryl Streep. Because of this. And because of everything.
2. Three words to describe your High School self:
Disconnected. Smart. Stupid.
3. Three words to describe yourself now:
Lazy. Brave. Stupid.
4. If you could eat any ONE thing (no genres, it has to be a single dish) for the rest of your life, nutrition/weight gain aside, what would it be?
Spaghetti. With Kimberly Sauce. Or maybe just Kimberly Sauce...
5. What's your favorite thing about yourself?
I really like how fast I can type. Like for real. I can type around 80 wpm. I know that's not like LIGHTNING SPEED but I'm really quite proud of myself.
6. If you could have any super-talent (not super-power, just like, a super crazy talent that makes you better at that one thing than anyone else), what would it be?
I think glass blowing. Because I could make my own dishes. And if I was better than everyone else at a more common thing (like any of my hobbies...writing/painting/photography) I'd just feel bad all the time.
7. Do you color your hair?
Nay, Madam! I don't. I have been asked many many times if I do, or people have just assumed that I do. But I don't. On the rare occasion that I stop being lazy enough to get my hair cut at an actual salon, the hairdresser inevitably comments on my color and how difficult it would be to attain with dye. Actually, when I was 19 and feeling a bit rebellious, I bought temporary red dye and dyed my hair dark red. I looked like a cartoon character. It was gone the next day.
8. If you could be a contestant on any reality-show, which would it be?
Ooooh that one where you go fill up a cart with a bunch of stuff in a certain amount of time and then at the end you get to keep it. Is that a show? It should be. Then I wouldn't have to buy groceries for a while.
9. What's the last song you listened to?
It's hard to tell because my iPod is in the car, so I'm just going to say it was "Long, Cool Woman in a Black Dress" by the Hollies, because I looked it up on YouTube to post it in my other post.
10. What did you study in college/post-high school education?
Archaeology. I went through a few other majors to get there, but that's not important right now. I took more Anthropology and Archaeology classes than anything else, so there you go.
11. Who's your favorite Muppet?
Ummm.....Yoda? I never watched the muppets. Except for the Christmas one.
Drum roll please! The nominations go to...
1. Megan !
2. Adrien !!
3. Kimmy !!!
4. "L" !!!!
5. Steph !!!!!
And finally, the NEW eleven questions!
1. How do you wake up in the morning? ie what wakes you up?
2. If you could drive any car without worrying about gas or street regulations or maintenance, what would it be?
3. If you had to pick one feature on your face to be completely hideous, which would it be? (I'm thinking snaggle teeth and warty noses, don't disappoint me, guys)
4. Assuming you rule the universe, what would be the first thing you would tell people to stop doing?
5. What is one inside joke you have with a sibling and how did it happen?
6. Tell me a story about a time you ended up in the ER. Please.
7. What are your two guilty pleasures? Anything.
8. Why did you choose the post-high school career/education/family/whatever path that you did?
9. What is the most adventurous thing you've ever done?
10. What is one thing about yourself or your accomplishments that you are very proud of?
11. What is your favorite children's book?
Ok, so if I've nominated you, don't despair. This kind of takes a while, but it's fun, I prommy. If I didn't nominate you, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR BLOG. Or just do it anyway and pretend like I actually nominated you. If you don't have a blog, GET A BLOG THEY ARE FUN.
Anyhoo. Happy day to all!