Friday, November 6, 2009

Looking Forward

The New Moon premiere is coming up in a couple of weeks. Unlike my sisters, I will not be attending the midnight showing. No, I'm setting my sights on a different midnight showing...a year from now. That's right kids, I'm already counting down to Deathly Hallows pt 1 on November 19th! Don't get me wrong, it's not like I've put up a paper chain or anything, but there it is. I'm just a little miffed that Germany gets to see it two whole days before we do. Harumph.
Harry and Hermione bury Dobby at Shell Cottage
Also, part two comes out July 15th, 2011.

Other things I'm looking forward to?
-dive trip to Bonneville Seabase next weekend
-Christmas, a time to see family and an excuse to make tons of sweets (and eat them of course)
-SCUBA stress and rescue course starting Feb 25th
-St Patrick's Day (a favorite holiday because I get to show what pride I have for a place that contributes, however minimally, to my ancestry...and who doesn't love corned beef and cabbage?)
-two weeks in England at the end of April/beginning of May (oh gosh. I just said it. Now I'm excited.)
-sailing lessons if I can raise the money and find someone to take it with me
-probably starting culinary school next August (read what I think)

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh I'm so excited to see Deathly Hallows also!! I'm so glad they're doing it in parts too.
I'm excited for Christmas. You're doing a lot of fun things in the near future.
Where are you wanting to go to culinary school?

Shannon said...

there's a culinary school in sandy that's the only culinary in utah accredited by the american culinary federation, so it's a pretty good school, plus it's cheaper than a lot of other programs both in and out of state. the only thing is that you can't specialize, you have to do all the areas (management, pastry, chef, etc) which isn't too bad actually except that you probably can't go directly into being a pastry chef after graduation if that's what you want to do (I haven't decided yet, but I was sort of leaning toward that).

Jared and Megan said...

Deathly Hallows!!!
England!!!
Corned Beef and Cabbage!!!
Ahhh!!

Unknown said...

i'm with you....forget twilight....bring on harry potter!