Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Zippy Summer

People have started pointing out to me that it's been a few months since I posted here last...sorry guys.  But at least it's only been like 3 months instead of  8 months like the last time.  Sorry!  *Cough* get on Instagram *cough*

Okay.  So I last left you with the approaching end of spring.  In May I went on a trip by myself to visit my sister (my other sister and brother met up too) to Washington D.C. and environs.  The highlight of the trip was visiting Assateaugue, where we camped overnight and had a delightful time.  There's nothing like being barefoot and sleeping by the ocean to rejuvenate one's self.


In June, my parents came to visit.  We had had another trip to New Orleans planned, so we went there again for about 4-5 days and my parents tagged along.  I had a lot of fun, though next time I go I'm definitely leaving the kids at home.  Unless they're much older.  But anyway.
Mom & Dad "helping" me at the grocery store
Rosalind and my Mom in New Orleans

Our little boutique hotel

Dancing in the Presbytere

Finally sleeping after not sleeping like ever in his life

Hanging out in Jackson Square

I don't remember what we did for the Fourth of July except that Texas City had a parade and our branch had a pancake breakgast and we hung our flag for the first time (yay).

In late July, we embarked on our raod trip to Utah.  It had its ups and downs, but it's not a venture I'm eager to repeat until the kids are much older.  They did surprisingly well though, I just have an extremely low tolerance level.  Sam went backpacking with his brothers and dad, and then he flew back to Texas to start inservice for his new(!) job.  My mom drove back with me and the kids, and I was extremely grateful for her company.  We drove through Kansas and Oklahoma, so I got to knock two more states off of my list.
Playing out on the back deck at some point

My life-- multitasking

Pit stop in Dallas on the way to Utah

Actually it was Fort Worth.  Potato potato.

My vaguely inspiring graffiti in Amarillo

Helping my dad feed the quail in Utah

Playing in the forest with Wasden cousins

Aquarium with cousins

Slugabeds at Grandma's house

Sam outside a cave we found on one of our hikes

Ros at the Denver Museum of Art on the way home


So, Sam's new job.  He left his old school partly because the commute from our new house was WAY too far and he only ever really saw the kids on the weekend.  Also, there were some issues with the adminitration, so a move was needed for the sanity of Sam and the rest of us.  He got a new position as a SpEd inclusion math teacher at Dickinson High School.


We signed Rosalind up for preschool, and finished up the summer with excitement and anticipation.  The first two weeks back at school were great, and then Harvey happened.  To be continued.

Also...seriously.  If you want to know what's up without these crazy truncated catchup posts...find me on Instagram :D  The pictures are better, too, heh.

No comments: