Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Eliane Boulangerie & Patisserie


Megan and I had lunch at Eliane French Bakery today. When I was here last summer I got a take-out French sandwich from there that was really, really good, so Megan and I went back today in hopes of a rerun. Unfortunately, because our "lunch" occurred around 3pm, they ran out of meat and cheese, so we got quiche lorraine instead. Megan got a Napoleon for dessert (it has a French name I don't remember) and I got a slice of chocolate mousse cake.


The quiche was really good. The crust even tasted creamy, which was odd but very delicious.


My mousse cake was very sweet. It was chocolatey, but not too much. You could taste vanilla and cream very easily.


Megan's Napoleon was probably my favorite. It was basically eclair cream in layers with what might have been tuile. I'm not sure. In any case, it was extremely delicious.
The sandwiches are excellent too, so go a little earlier in the day and pick one up. They also have loaves of bread of many sorts to purchase, which they will slice and bag for you if you ask.
There are tables to eat at, but the only drinks they have are bottled things in a fridge, so if you want something fancier, bring your own.


1750 S State St, Orem, UT 84097

3 comments:

LP said...

Nice pictures! Very mouth-watering. The only improvement I could suggest to Elaine's is that they use real plates and forks. Or did you guys get takeout? Anyway, maybe it's just me, but I can't stand the sound of plastic squeaking on Styrofoam. Btw, where is this place located?

Shannon said...

i can't stand it either. but those are their plates for non-pastry items. c'est la vie. maybe you could bring your own plates too.

Jared and Megan said...

I just looked it up. It's Mille-feuille.